Friday, May 11, 2012

30 Day Photo Challenge || Day 3

Nature

There's a state park right by my house, Castlewood, with loads of beautiful walking trails, picnic areas, and a river. Early on in our relationship, Ben and I would take the 3 mile walks on a regular basis. For whatever reason, we haven't been back to Castlewood since December 3, 2011. I know this because this was the day that Ben proposed to me <3


 I thought we were going on one of our normal walks at Castlewood but Ben had something else planned! Before he came to my house to pick me up, his dad and him went to the park, placed a small video camera behind a wooden stake. They tested out the distance between the camera and his proposal spot; once he found the perfect place, he put a stick down so that he would know where to stop while walking. After he picked me up, he called his dad 'to see if he needed him to pick anything up later in the day' but this was code for his dad to turn the video camera on. We walked our normal path and since the video camera was behind the stake, I didn't see it as we were walking. It wasn't until after the proposal that he showed it to me! 

I love having our proposal on video! It is so special ... especially because I don't even really remember what Ben said to me as I was in such shock! We haven't shared the video with anyone and I don't know that we will, but we were able to take a bunch of stills from the video and turn them into photos!

Today we went back to Castlewood and went on the same path that we did about 5 months ago when Ben proposed! Here's a picture from the top of a huge hill; you can see the muddy river peeking out just a bit! 

All decked out for a hot, morning walk!


Happy Friday!
Thanks for reading
xo Andrea


No comments:

Post a Comment